Peach Freezer Jam – Liquid Pectin
Liquid Pectin and crushed fruit makes an easy, sweet fruit spread with no cooking required. Store these soft-set spreads in the freezer or refrigerator. Do not decrease sugar; doing so may result in gel failure. For freezer jams with less sugar (higher ratio of fruit to sugar), use Bernardin Freezer Jam Pectin sold in 45 g pouches.
Makes about 6 X 250 ml jars.
2-3/4 cups (675 ml) finely crushed peaches, about 1 kg (5 medium)
6 -1/2 cups (1625 ml) granulated sugar
2 pouches (170 ml) BERNARDIN® Liquid Pectin
1/3cup (75 ml) lemon juice
• Wash and rinse 6 BERNARDIN® Freezer Jars and lids or 250 ml mason jars and closures.
• Wash, pit and peel peaches; crush one layer at a time. Do not puree.
• Combine prepared peaches and all the sugar into a large bowl. Mix well; let stand 10 minutes.
• Squeeze entire contents of liquid pectin pouch into fruit-sugar mixture. Add lemon juice. Stir 3 minutes.
• Ladle jam into clean jars to within 1/2 inch (1 cm) of top rim (headspace). Wipe jar rim removing any stickiness. Apply lids tightly. Let stand at room temperature until set, about 30 minutes.
• Refrigerate up to 3 weeks, freeze up to 1 year, or serve immediately.